Virtual Awards Show
1-hour celebratory awards event designed, planned and successfully delivered. Streamed to 1,000 remote Diageo wholesale partners and retailers.
Delivered at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park in a face-to-face environment in August 2019, this unique and exciting event is an opportunity to reward & recognise, build brand loyalty, showcase new products and be immersed in the company’s future strategy and vision.
However due to the COVID-19 pandemic and business travel restrictions imposed, Diageo needed an alternative way to deliver their 2020 event. Our aim, to replicate this 2-day live event and transform it into a 1 hour engaging and memorable virtual brand experience.
The BCD M&E production team designed, planned and successfully delivered a live, 1-hour celebratory awards event, streamed to 1,000 remote Diageo wholesale partners and retailers who were located across North America.
The event was a combination of pre-recorded content and live winner speeches, with all pre-recorded content submitted by Diageo cleverly edited by our in-house BCD video production team. For the live awards element of the event, all award nominees were remotely connected from their homes to our BCD webcast studio in the UK, where they were all in our virtual green room. From here, we could speak individually to each nominee, providing the relevant technical support, so when the winner was announced, we could cut live and straight to the winner at home for their immediate reaction and a smile and a wave!
The fully produced live event incorporated a variety of different brand experiences from leadership team messages, attendee participation with live cocktail making, global brand ambassador endorsements, engaging product clips to rewarding brand loyalty with recognition.
We understand the Diageo brand, individual products and attendee profile which enabled us to create and deliver an engaging and memorable virtual awards event. The entire event was delivered from our dedicated production studio in the UK, ensuring a high-quality webcast and seamless streaming delivery for the audience. Our BCD M&E teams’ consistency, best practice and previous event experience of delivering this event helped make this first virtual event a huge success and received great feedback.
- First time Diageo had held this brand experience virtually
- 1,000 remote attendees included Diageo wholesale partners and retailers based across North America
- 1 hour early evening awards event, including winner speeches and brand messages from Diageo Leadership Team & Global Brand Ambassadors including David Beckham and Jimmy Kimmel
- Interactive live cocktail making where attendees were encouraged to participate
- Design of event identity and all platform web graphics
- Branded web platform with live stream function
- Content development and support with video editing of pre-recorded Diageo content, creation of awards animations, name straps, brand transitions and graphic backgrounds
- Fully produced virtual solution & technical crew managed via our webcast studio in the UK and streamed to branded web platform
- Co-ordination of award nominees, with technical equipment checks and virtual support in advance of the live event
- Dedicated delivery team for show: Producer, Production Manager, Show Caller & Technical Team
- Post-event data analytics reporting, including live viewing reports and attendee location
BCD M&E Services
- Production Management
- Web Platform Build & Management
- Video Production & Editing
- Motion Graphics & Animation
- Design & Creation of Awards Animation
- Graphic Design for Live Show & Virtual Platform
- Remote Presenter Support for 6 Winners
- Show Management & Technical Team